"Schäf!?" "Nein, der Chef ist heute nicht im Haus." "Und wer kann mir bitte sagen, wo ich Informationen über dieses
»T - C - Z - E - W«
finde? Ich weiß noch nicht einmal, wie das ausgesprochen wird!"
Nun, versuchen wir es doch mal im 'Internet'. Die großen lexikographischen Verlage bieten doch sicherlich auch hier Informationen an:
town, Gdansk województwo (province), north-central Poland. It lies along the Vistula River, 19 miles (30 km) above its mouth. Tczew is a major river port, with links to Gdansk, and a rail junction for lines to Warsaw, Gdansk, Bydgoszcz, and Chojnice. Shipyards and railroad workshops are located there. A Pomeranian fortress was built on the site in 1252, and municipal rights were granted to the surrounding settlement. It was annexed to Poland in 1282 and occupied by the Teutonic Knights between 1308 and 1466. Seized by Prussia in 1772, it was returned to Poland in 1919. With the extension of the railroad in 1857, one of the first and largest truss bridges in Europe was built there, part of which remains. Pop. (1989 est.) 58,400.
© 1999-2000 Britannica.com Inc.
The Columbia Encyclopedia: Sixth Edition. 2000.
(chf) (KEY), Ger. Dirschau, town (1992 est. pop. 60,000), N Poland, a port on the Vistula River. It is a rail junction, with railroad workshops and shipyards located there. Chartered in 1260, Tczew became part of Poland in the late 13th cent. but was held by the Teutonic Knights from 1308 until 1466, when it reverted to Poland. It passed to Russia in 1772 and was not reincorporated into Poland until 1919.
Gut, daß wir verglichen haben!
Vielleicht können wir uns bei einem Blick auf eine Landkarte selber ein Bild machen
Tczew - Versuch einer Annäherung (01)